Study MBBS In Philippines
How did you know about studying MBBS in Philippines? If you have heard from someone who deals only with Philippines Medical University, I am sure that you may not be told about both advantages and disadvantages of studying MBBS In Philippines medical colleges. Reading this page will help you to get the complete picture of studying Medical course in abroad countries such as the Philippines, China and Russia. It will tell the merits and demerits of choosing the country as well as the medical university.
The best option to study the medical degree for Indian students is to do it in Indian Government Medical Colleges. Even if you do not get a NEET score sufficient for admission in a government medical college, you still have options left to explore. For students whose budget is below 25 lakhs and are comfortable relocating to a foreign country like Philippines or China, there are numerous benefits in studying medicine abroad, there are a number of reputed colleges offering world-class infrastructure and student facilities. The Philippines is the first choice for most students, the reason is not just about the lesser fee. Philippines medical college fees are much lesser than that of Indian private colleges.
Why Study MBBS In Philippines : The Philippines is renowned for medical education due to the high quality of education, there are several medical colleges which all are regulated by the CHED Commission on Higher Education and follows US education system throughout the course that is carefully developed by centering the core development of each student incorporating knowledge from theories, practical, technology, research videos, seminars and much more. The high competitive environment of MBBS colleges in Philippines has made each university to augment the quality of education, facilities and all other needs of the student.
MBBS/MD In Philippines
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STUDYING MBBS IN
Has becoming a doctor always been your dream? Do you know that there are approximately 60,000 MBBS seats in India? To get admission for MBBS, you must clear the NEET exam. Even though the process sounds very simple, actually getting into a college is a tedious process and only half these seats are affordable by the average student. If you manage to acquire a good NEET score, you may get into a good government medical college. There are around 25,000 government medical colleges in India, and their fee ranges from 15,000 to 50,000 per year. Statistically, it may be a bit difficult to get one of those 25,000 seats. An alternative would be to join a private medical college in India, but as you probably already know, the cost to enroll and subsequently continue your education in these universities is astronomically high, another drawback is that some of these private universities have poor infrastructure and facilities as they are relatively new – constructed less than 10 years ago.
Why should you choose Philippines?
Things to Remember While Choosing a Medical University Abroad
- Infrastructure and facilities provided by the university
- Age and notability of the University
- Admission requirements
- Student accommodation facilities
- Academic information – syllabus, language of instruction, etc
- Accreditation of the University
- Fees/cost of living etc
Benefits of Studying MD In Philippines
- Philippines medical colleges follow US educational system of MD program that is globally recognized.
- All subjects are taught in English and not in other regional languages.
- Affordable fee amounts.
- To return to India for practising medicine, you must clear the MCI screening test. Philippines universities offers MCI coaching and periodic mock
easy to adopt lifestyle and optimal cost of living.
- No extreme climate
Pros and Cons of Studying in Philippines/China/Russia
MBBS in China: When it comes to China, a major advantage is a cost. Although slightly more expensive than the Philippines. The important thing to remember if you are considering China is that Only a few Chinese medical universities provide English Medicine Course. These medical college admissions end in the month of March itself before the student is to appear for NEET exam.
MBBS in Russia: Russia has extreme weather and Indians will take time to adjust to such extreme cold weather. Moreover, students who complete their medical degree in Russia have difficulties in clearing the FMGE screening test if they wish to return to India because the syllabus of Russian and Chinese universities are completely different from that of India
MBBS In Philippines: The weather in Philippines is similar to that of India. Not all medical universities provide high quality education in Philippines. There are universities in Philippines with low tuition fees but their infrastructure and facilities are also of low quality. In general, Indian students who study MD / MBBS In Philippines have advantage to clear FMGE/ MCI Screening test.
World-class Medical Education in Philippines
The Philippines in the 3 rd largest English speaking country in the world. MBBS colleges in the Philippines offer the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree. The M.D. is a four-year degree program which qualifies the degree holder to take the licensure exam for medicinal specialists in the Philippines. Studying MBBS in Philippines has plenty of advantages, the major one being the comparatively low fee when compared to Indian medical universities, pleasant climate and low living costs are a bonus. This gives various opportunities for Indian students to think about different academic prospects within the Philippines itself. The Philippines has one of the better medical education systems in Asia that conforms to the education system of the United States of America. The Philippines takes after the American arrangement of instruction and thus students can also benefit from exchange choices to study in USA or Canada too.
Steps to Enroll for MBBS in Philippines
- Clear the NMAT (National Medical Admission Test), a nationwide examination required for admission in the Philippines. Submit your documents mark sheets, transfer certificates, etc
- Submit a photocopy of transcripts and birth certificate.
- Document submission is mandatory for all students who need to convert the tourist visa into a student visa.
- A clearance certificate from the local police and a No Objection Certificate from parents must be submitted.
- All documents must be notarized and attested by the Local Embassy.
The following conditions must be met if a candidate wishes to be considered for admission.
- Student should have 17 years of age before 31 st December
- Other students should be graduated 12th science with a 50% aggregate in physics, chemistry and biology
- SC/ST and OBC Student should have passed out 12th science with a 45% aggregate of physics, chemistry and biology
- Medium of instruction must have been in English
If your application complies with the above criteria, then you are eligible to be considered for an admission to medical colleges in the Philippines
Getting Student Visa in Philippines
Students who wish to obtain the medical degree in the Philippines must obtain a student visa from the Philippine embassy in India. Getting a direct student visa from Indian embassy takes time, so usually, students get a tourist visa and later convert them to a student visa after they reach the Philippines.
Most universities like the University of perpetual help provide the necessary documentation to help students acquire a student visa at the earliest. This process is much easier and faster in acquiring a student visa. It takes around two months to get the tourist visa converted to a student visa.
Philippines embassy issues student visa only after completion of 18 years of age. If a student travels to the Philippines at 17 years of age, they have to obtain a special study permit (ssp) which is valid for six months. Every six months, this ssp has to be renewed until the student crosses 18 years of age and becomes eligible for a student visa. Most universities accept ssp for the enrollment in the medical course. After the student completes 18 years of age, the ssp will be converted to student Philippine visa.
Qualification for doing Medical Course
To become a qualified doctor in the Philippines, you must first graduate high school, and complete a premedical course which covers basic science subjects that you would have already learnt in high school, and then you must appear for nmat examination conducted by the Philippines medical authority.
Once you secure a good score in nmat, you can apply for doctor of medicine program in any medical school present in the Philippines. After completing the medical degree, you are a qualified doctor in the Philippines.
The nmat exam is usually easy to clear as most of it is based on your high school subjects.
Medical education in the Philippines, like other foreign countries, does not end with the licensure exam. The candidate will have to take up a specialization after obtaining their license. An alternative option would be to take up graduate programs at universities at the Philippines itself.
A student is required to complete a premedical degree in the Philippines of 3 years followed by an m.D program which will continue for another 4 years. After 7 years of study, the student needs to clear the license examination.
The good news for Indian students is that they wish to enrol in the course after 10+2 years of education, it would take only 5.5 years as they have to undergo only an intermediate premedical course which is only for 1.5 years.
Using External Agencies
No matter which country or university you decide to pursue your medical studies, you must check all information regarding the university, such as staying facilities, syllabus, labs and other infrastructure. It is advisable to make use of a trusted agency to handle your admission process to make it hassle-free and easy. Contact us for any queries regarding admission for MBBS in Philippines 2018. Agencies will help you find a reputed college suited to your needs. They also assist in living arrangements and visa procedures. They are always ready to assist you no matter what difficulties you face even after you reach the Philippines and continue on with your course. Many agencies have offices located in Philippines, so students can go in person and seek help from them at any time.
Good To Know -To Choose “MBBS IN PHILIPPINES”
1. In Philippines climate is tropical, similar to that of India.
2. Disease spectrum is equivalent to that of India which is in the Philippines.
3. The MBBS COLLEGES IN PHILIPPINES are recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India), WHO (World Health Organization), GMC-UK & FAIMER-USA directories.
4. The literacy rate in Philippines is 94.6 percent, among the highest in the world.
5. From the Philippines Medical Colleges, each year around 350,000 graduates enrich the professional pool.
6. A Large patient base and a chance to get a good exposure to study different medical conditions from the MBBS Colleges in Philippines.
7. Philippines Medical Colleges are the largest supplier of trained doctors and nurses in the world. Hence, the doctors graduating from here hold higher possibility to get placed abroad.
8. USMLE STEP 1 and STEP 2 can be completed in our Medical Colleges in PHILIPPINES.
9. No need to pay donation to study MBBS in Philippines and low tuition fees.
10. The MBBS students of Philippines have a strong practice of appearing for USMLE and working in the USA. The Philippines Medical Colleges are listed in the California Board of Medicine for licensing.
11. Alumni from the Philippines Medical Colleges present in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore, UAE countries. This paves for networking and job opportunities.
12. Both North Indian and South Indian food is available in our Philippines Medical Colleges.
13. No need to learn their language since the medium is in English while studying MBBS in PHILIPPINES. And they follow the American Educational system.
14. Communicating with patients is not a challenge as more than 94% people converse in English in the Medical Colleges in Philippines.
15. Filipinos are hospitable, pious and they respect the female members of society. It is considerably a safe and secure country. Our Medical Colleges in the Philippines have inside campus accommodation facilities for our students’ safety and security.
SmartMed Education Academy
SMARTMED EDUCATION ACADEMY
SMARTMED is an official recruitment partner in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, and Kerala from India for the University of Perpetual Help System Dalta in Manila, Philippines. We have branches in Chennai, Tirunelveli, and Trichy to help and assist our students in getting Admission into the MBBS (MD) Course at University of Perpetual Help System Dalta, Philippines.